AWARDS & MEDALS
Mackinaw Valley Vineyard and Winery is pleased to announce that it recently received medals from the following International and Regional Wine competitions.
New York Finger Lakes International
Bronze & Silver Medals 2016
Illinois State Fair Wine Competition
Best of Show 2013
Illinois Grape Grower’s & Vintner’s Assoc
Winemaker of the Year 2003
Illinois State Fair Awards for 2021
Double Gold Medal for Alexander’s Conquest, Gold Medal for Diane’s Desire & Cole’s Classic, Bronze Medal for Sweet Seyval Blanc
Happy Spring…soon we hope!
We look forward to a fun year in 2022 and have gotten off to a good start with our Trivia game nights, Murder Mystery dinners, and Art classes. Greeting friends new and old while sharing wine tasting in the tasting room is always a pleasure. The new year always brings the promise of adventure and fun and we hope you find some “fun” and “new adventures” close to home with us and throughout our great state and country this year. We are working on getting our wines bottled soon and preparing for a tasty and busy season.
Our family and staff are glad that we can now see everyone’s smiling faces now that masking is not required indoors anymore. Please remember that immune compromised people and their loved ones may still choose to mask, and as we have these past few years lets keep respect and kindness a priority in all our interactions. As always, I want to express on behalf of our family and staff how grateful and humbled we are to have weathered the challenges of 2020 and 2021 with all of you supporting and encouraging us so we could stay in business. Central Illinois is filled with amazing and good people and that was never more apparent then during the past few years. Let’s make new memories and find joy in the journey together in 2022!
All the best, Diane
2022 is our 19th year anniversary of our tasting room opening and the 25th anniversary of the vineyards.
Thank you Central Illinois for supporting our business the past 19 years and we look forward to many more years as a part of our Central Illinois Community.
• Over 20+ wines to taste, the first three samples are only $1, and the following samples are $1 each after the first three. Click here for wine list.
• An amazing 30 mile view from the tasting room of the valley and farms below, situated on a glacial moraine with a natural high point.
• A short 20-30 minute drive from Peoria, East Peoria, Morton, Washington, Eureka, Bloomington-Normal, Pekin, Lincoln and other neighboring towns.
• The beautiful countryside, the 86 acre property has about 15 acres of grapes and many outdoor deck areas and paths to take a stroll and get away from the hustle and bustle of today’s hectic world.
• Host a party, reunion, tour and tasting, wedding and reception, or attend a Concert or one of our Four annual Festivals on a weekend. In the Fall and Winter or early Spring, attend a Murder Mystery Dinner or come and play on a Trivia Game night. Details under Upcoming Events.
Visit our winery to taste a full complement of our Illinois wines.
We have about 20 different wines featured in our tasting room.-
Wines are made on site from French American Hybrid grapes and some native varietals. Red wines are blended from French American Hybrid varietals; Marchel Foch, Frontenac, Corot Noir, Baco Noir and St Croix. Our White wines and Blush wines are made using Vignoles, Seyval Blanc, St Pepin,Edelweiss,La Crosse, Niagara and Cayuga White just to name a few. Wines are available for complimentary tasting and purchase by the bottle or glass to enjoy in our tasting room or out on one of our deck or patio areas. We always offer a case discount of 10%.
Read what our clients think after tasting our wines
This is the best winery we’ve visited in Illinois. They have live bands most weekends in the summer and a great local wine. Lots of parking, a great place for a special event or wedding.