AWARDS & MEDALS
Mackinaw Valley Vineyard and Winery is pleased to announce that it recently received medals from the following International and Regional Wine competitions.
New York Finger Lakes International
Bronze & Silver Medals 2016
Illinois State Fair Wine Competition
Best of Show 2013
Illinois Grape Grower’s & Vintner’s Assoc
Winemaker of the Year 2003
Illinois State Fair Awards for 2021
Double Gold Medal for Alexander’s Conquest, Gold Medal for Diane’s Desire & Cole’s Classic, Bronze Medal for Sweet Seyval Blanc
HOURS: October, November & December 2022– Open Daily 12-5pm, closed on Tuesdays.
Please see UPcoming Events tab for details on 2022 events and 2023 schedule.
Greeting friends and Happy Fall! Cooler days have arrived and we’re all ready for cozy times to spend with family and friends. Thanks to everyone that came out and shared in our summer fun this year at concerts, festivals, Father’s Day fishing, classes and other great times. We have some fun things planned this Fall & Winter like our Murder Mystery Dinners, a Holiday Art class with Art at the Bodega, Chocolate and Wine tasting with Drum Circle fun and the family friendly Luminary Walk in December. If you have been picked to plan your employee party we can help with your event planning for groups large and small. For Holiday gift giving we are getting in a nice selection of shawls and winter ponchos and cover ups and Anju Jewelry necklaces, earrings and rings with a bohemian flair. We just received wine themed gifts from Chris’s Stuff, many fun items under $15 perfect for gift exchanges and stocking stuffers. Custom Wine Baskets can be made just for you with local food favorites like Ropp Jersey Cheese, Chocolatier Chocolates and Donny B’s popcorn. We invite you to visit soon and enjoy a relaxing day in wine country in your own backyard.
All the best, Diane
2023 will be our 20th year anniversary of our tasting room opening and the 26th anniversary of the vineyards.
Thank you Central Illinois for supporting our business the past 19 years and we look forward to celebrating many more years as a part of our Central Illinois Community.
• Over 20+ wines to taste, the first three samples are only $1, and the following samples are $1 each after the first three. Click here for wine list.
• An amazing 30 mile view from the tasting room of the valley and farms below, situated on a glacial moraine with a natural high point.
• A short 20-30 minute drive from Peoria, East Peoria, Morton, Washington, Eureka, Bloomington-Normal, Pekin, Lincoln and other neighboring towns.
• The beautiful countryside, the 86 acre property has about 15 acres of grapes and many outdoor deck areas and paths to take a stroll and get away from the hustle and bustle of today’s hectic world.
• Host a party, reunion, tour and tasting, wedding and reception, or attend a Concert or one of our Four annual Festivals on a weekend. In the Fall and Winter or early Spring, attend a Murder Mystery Dinner or come and play on a Trivia Game night. Details under Upcoming Events.
Visit our winery to taste a full complement of our Illinois wines.
We have about 20 different wines featured in our tasting room.-
Wines are made on site from French American Hybrid grapes and some native varietals. Red wines are blended from French American Hybrid varietals; Marchel Foch, Frontenac, Corot Noir, Baco Noir and St Croix. Our White wines and Blush wines are made using Vignoles, Seyval Blanc, St Pepin,Edelweiss,La Crosse, Niagara and Cayuga White just to name a few. Wines are available for complimentary tasting and purchase by the bottle or glass to enjoy in our tasting room or out on one of our deck or patio areas. We always offer a case discount of 10%.
Read what our clients think after tasting our wines
This is the best winery we’ve visited in Illinois. They have live bands most weekends in the summer and a great local wine. Lots of parking, a great place for a special event or wedding.