AWARDS & MEDALS
Mackinaw Valley Vineyard and Winery is pleased to announce that it recently received medals from the following International and Regional Wine competitions.
New York Finger Lakes International
Bronze & Silver Medals 2016
Illinois State Fair Wine Competition
Best of Show 2013
Illinois Grape Grower’s & Vintner’s Assoc
Winemaker of the Year 2003
Illinois Grape Grower’s & Vintner’s Assoc
Vineyard of the Year 2002
We are open per the Governor’s and Illinois Department of Public Health guidelines for our outdoor areas. NO INDOOR SEATING AS OF 11/03/2020.;. We appreciate the support of our community in keeping our doors open during these unusual times.
DOING OUR PART
We will wear masks when serving you, wash our hands frequently and wear gloves when needed. We are cleaning per the CDC guidelines for COVID 19 and are doing our best to keep our staff and guests areas clean and sanitary. We are glad to see you and will be smiling behind our masks even though you may not see it
Drink Service Phase Three:
Bar service will be in the tasting room and once served all drinks must be taken to your outdoor seating area for consumption. Wine tasting will be done with disposables in flights of three one ounce samples for a dollar that you will take to your outdoor seating area for consumption. Saturdays during live music, 6-11 pm we will not do any wine sampling; bottle and glass sales only for outdoor consumption in seating areas. We are using disposables per the guidelines, a wine glass can be purchased for $3 if you would like one.
Drink Service Phase Four *NO INDOOR SEATING AS OF 11/3/2020:
Bar service will be in the tasting room and once served all drinks must be taken to your seating area for consumption. Masks should be removed when seated for eating and drinking. Please wear your mask when in serving line, at bar, or if six feet or less from others. Wine tasting will be done with disposables in flights of three one ounce samples for a dollar that you will take to your seating area for consumption. Saturdays evenings during live music, 6-11 pm we will not do any wine sampling; bottle and glass sales only for outdoor consumption in seating areas. We are using disposables per the guidelines, a wine glass can be purchased for $3 if you would like one.
All of our normal rules will apply for guests being allowed to bring in ready to eat foods but no drinks of any kind. We serve wine, beer, sodas, bottled tea and water. We sell wrapped chocolates and wrapped Ropp Jersey cheese and cracker plates and assorted bagged chips and snacks.
Check out the “Hours” tab for more information on our business hours.
BARS & RESTROOMS:
During regular business hours bar service area will be in the tasting room. Additional outdoor bar serving areas will be used when needed for live music in the lawn area. We will also have three bathroom areas open; the two tasting room restrooms, the deck area restrooms and the yard bar area restrooms. Multi stall restrooms will have posted signage designating the number of people that can be inside at one time.
Decks, patios and lawn areas will have seating areas for groups of six people or less with a minimum of six feet between groups. We will not have the dance floor open during live music to allow the bands to space out more when performing for their own social distancing, this will be through the phase three and four reopening.
DOING YOUR PART (Thank you in advance):
The current guidelines require people to wear face masks covering their nose and mouth when in serving lines, in restrooms and if a person is less than 6 feet away from others. Customers can take off their masks to eat and drink within their group seating area of six or less people in our outdoor spaces. Groups can only be 6 people maximum seated together with at least 6 feet between other groups.
SO WE ASK YOU TO PLEASE-
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth so we can all be together
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds and get them nice & soapy
- If you are sick or have been with someone who is sick, stay home please. We will miss you but we want to see you when you are well!
- Sit in groups of six or less people, no gatherings of more than six people. We don’t know exactly why six either but please just hang out with six or less people for Phase Three. If you know another group of six they can sit six feet away and you can still visit.
My family, staff and I are so glad to have everyone visit again and be able to enjoy our wines in our outdoor spaces and as the weather cools in our indoor areas as well. We appreciate too the friends that came by and saw us for over the counter and curbside sales early in the year and are glad you can stay a while now. I know some of these things might be difficult at first but we really need to follow these guidelines and we want to get through this time successfully. Thank you for your help in following “the rules” so we can continue to stay open to serve you and you can keep coming here for years to come and have fun. Thank you- Diane
2020 is our 17th year anniversary of our tasting room opening and the 23rd anniversary of the vineyards.
Thank you Central Illinois for supporting our business the past 23 years and we look forward to many more years as a part of our Central Illinois Community.
• Over 20+ wines to taste, the first three samples are only $1, and the following samples are $1 each after the first three. Click here for wine list.
• An amazing 30 mile view from the tasting room of the valley and farms below, situated on a glacial moraine with a natural high point.
• A short 20-30 minute drive from Peoria, East Peoria, Morton, Washington, Eureka, Bloomington-Normal, Pekin, Lincoln and other neighboring towns.
• The beautiful countryside, the 86 acre property has about 15 acres of grapes and many outdoor deck areas and paths to take a stroll and get away from the hustle and bustle of today’s hectic world.
• Host a party, reunion, tour and tasting, wedding and reception, or attend a Concert or one of our Four annual Festivals on a weekend. In the Fall and Winter or early Spring, attend a Murder Mystery Dinner or come and play on a Trivia Game night. Details under Upcoming Events.
Visit our winery to taste a full complement of our Illinois wines.
We have about 20 different wines featured in our tasting room.-
Wines are made on site from French American Hybrid grapes and some native varietals. Red wines are blended from French American Hybrid varietals; Marchel Foch, Frontenac, Corot Noir, Baco Noir and St Croix. Our White wines and Blush wines are made using Vignoles, Seyval Blanc, St Pepin,Edelweiss,La Crosse, Niagara and Cayuga White just to name a few. Wines are available for complimentary tasting and purchase by the bottle or glass to enjoy in our tasting room or out on one of our deck or patio areas. We always offer a case discount of 10%.
Read what our clients think after tasting our wines
This is the best winery we’ve visited in Illinois. They have live bands most weekends in the summer and a great local wine. Lots of parking, a great place for a special event or wedding.