AWARDS & MEDALS
Mackinaw Valley Vineyard and Winery is pleased to announce that it recently received medals from the following International and Regional Wine competitions.
New York Finger Lakes International
Bronze & Silver Medals 2016
Illinois State Fair Wine Competition
Best of Show 2013
Illinois Grape Grower’s & Vintner’s Assoc
Winemaker of the Year 2003
Illinois State Fair Awards for 2021
Double Gold Medal for Alexander’s Conquest, Gold Medal for Diane’s Desire & Cole’s Classic, Bronze Medal for Sweet Seyval Blanc
HAPPY FALL! Our heartfelt thanks to everyone that came out to support our business this past Summer of 2021, we had many great events that we hope created happy memories for those that attended. Congratulations to all our wedding couples and their families this past year, some of which were postponed from 2020, it was wonderful to celebrate with all of you. September was Illinois Wine month and we are happy to announce a DOUBLE GOLD medal for Alexander’s Conquest and GOLD MEDALS for Cole’s Classic and Diane’s Desire and a BRONZE medal for our Sweet Seyval Blanc at the Illinois State Fair Competition. We hope you can join us for some “Fall Fun” in October with Brushville for SUNDAY FUNDAY on 10-3-21 and our SALSA HALLOWINE DANCE on 10-30-21. In November we host our First Holiday Cheer Vintage Market 11-5 & 11-6-21. Hope we see you soon-All the best, Diane & family
2021 is our 18th year anniversary of our tasting room opening and the 24rd anniversary of the vineyards.
Thank you Central Illinois for supporting our business the past 24 years and we look forward to many more years as a part of our Central Illinois Community.
• Over 20+ wines to taste, the first three samples are only $1, and the following samples are $1 each after the first three. Click here for wine list.
• An amazing 30 mile view from the tasting room of the valley and farms below, situated on a glacial moraine with a natural high point.
• A short 20-30 minute drive from Peoria, East Peoria, Morton, Washington, Eureka, Bloomington-Normal, Pekin, Lincoln and other neighboring towns.
• The beautiful countryside, the 86 acre property has about 15 acres of grapes and many outdoor deck areas and paths to take a stroll and get away from the hustle and bustle of today’s hectic world.
• Host a party, reunion, tour and tasting, wedding and reception, or attend a Concert or one of our Four annual Festivals on a weekend. In the Fall and Winter or early Spring, attend a Murder Mystery Dinner or come and play on a Trivia Game night. Details under Upcoming Events.
Visit our winery to taste a full complement of our Illinois wines.
We have about 20 different wines featured in our tasting room.-
Wines are made on site from French American Hybrid grapes and some native varietals. Red wines are blended from French American Hybrid varietals; Marchel Foch, Frontenac, Corot Noir, Baco Noir and St Croix. Our White wines and Blush wines are made using Vignoles, Seyval Blanc, St Pepin,Edelweiss,La Crosse, Niagara and Cayuga White just to name a few. Wines are available for complimentary tasting and purchase by the bottle or glass to enjoy in our tasting room or out on one of our deck or patio areas. We always offer a case discount of 10%.
Read what our clients think after tasting our wines
This is the best winery we’ve visited in Illinois. They have live bands most weekends in the summer and a great local wine. Lots of parking, a great place for a special event or wedding.